Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Favorite episodes of The Odd Couple

Last post 03-05-2006, 7:09 PM by Contrarian. 11 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-05-2006, 7:04 PM 686

Favorite episodes of The Odd Couple

I liked the one where Felix was trying to convince his ex-wife that he had changed, and he ate Oscar's "Goop Malange." When Oscar was taking the leftovers of the dish to Felix's ex-wife to show her that he actually ate that, and the cab driver made him put it in the trunk. I think it had ketchup, potato chips, sardines, and I can't remember what all!
    (NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-05-2006, 7:05 PM 687 in reply to 686

Re: Favorite episodes of The Odd Couple

The episode mentioned about Felix eating that mess Oscar cooked up is from the very last episode. TV history states that this show was the 1st to purposely make a "grand finale" episode. Which is sort of true. Leave It To Beaver's last show had the family looking back at 6 years of memories but most folks don't count clip shows. The last Odd Couple was funny,but I found the idea of Felix reconciling with Gloria after 5 or so years apart to be a little unreal! Especially in the span of a 30 min. show! An hour maybe. Just about all of the episodes are classic,which is why it won Emmys. My overall favorite? Oscar sleepwalks and hits Felix on the head with a rolled up newspaper or magazine. The plot reaches it's funniest point,when after a few nights of this Felix barracades his door with furniture. The music played over this scene actually builds to the moment when Oscar in a nightmarish but still funny rage comes crashing past the furniture to once again nail Felix,who now has a Civil Defense Helmet for safety! He snaps a picture of Oscar just before his helmet is swiped off and Oscar hits him again! There's so many quotes from this that I still recall but I couldn't list them all here. One favorite:Their practicing a football stance and Felix gets too close and Oscar says,"I don't want to dance with you Felix." If you go to most websites for this show,you'll find a lot of listings of inconsistencies through the course of the series. If you've never seen this show,look for it! On TV & hopefully DVD!

--Happi-Puppi

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-05-2006, 7:06 PM 688 in reply to 686

There was an episode where Felix was on TV and Murray was watching from Oscar/Felix's apartment. There was a closeup of Felix who looked into the camera and said, "Murray, use a coaster!". Poor Murray didn't know what to think.

I also liked the time when Felix redecorated the apartment and Oscar sat down in one of the new chairs - shaped like giant hands. Felix asked him what he thought and Oscar said, in a hesitant voice, "I feel like an M & M".
  •  03-05-2006, 7:07 PM 691 in reply to 686

One of my favorite episodes was when Felix was banned at the hospital when he caused alot of chaos trying to find out how Gloria was and also his baby, I also like the Playboy episode when Gloria dressed up as a bunny and Felix caused a scene and also didn't want anyone to see any pictures of her but oscar did get his hands on one of the photos.
  •  03-05-2006, 7:08 PM 692 in reply to 686

One of my favorites is the episode where Felix was hosting a birthday party for his daughter and her friends. When it rained, the party was moved indoors to Felix and Oscars' apartment, where Oscar and his friends were playing cards. I loved the scene where the clown hired by Felix kept trying to ditch the kids to join the card game, and the touching scene when Oscar pinch hit for the clown and saved the party. It perfectly demonstrated the relationship between Felix and Oscar, and how they always tried to come through for each other.

--dosboys

•  03-05-2006, 7:08 PM 693 in reply to 686

Too many grest episodes to name, but here are a few. The one where Felix is afraid to fly is hilarious. The episode where they are gambling on the horese has some great one-liners, "It's called losing by a nose Felix, if only are horse had Murry's nose. " And "we'll save two dollers for sox's" The one where Oscar saves Felix's life and makes him chicken. "Boneless chicken, how did walk. " The Password episode was great, "It's a know fact that Lincon loved Mayonnaise. " No matter how many times I watch, I still laugh!! A Classic!

--Bird

•  03-05-2006, 7:08 PM 694 in reply to 691

My favorite episode was when Felix wanted desperately to be on the gameshow "Password". He harrassed Alan Ludden ("Password" host) as only Felix could do, so he could get on the show. Felix, being the perfectionist that he was, held "Password" practice sessions with his friends. He finally recruited Oscar as his partner but of course they were a miss match. The password was pencil and Felix says graphite, who would actually say graphite. Eventually Felix gets kicked off the set and asked never to return. Felix is a lot like me maybe not that extreme.

--kasey112

•  03-05-2006, 7:08 PM 695 in reply to 692

Easily one of the greatest Odd Couple moments has to be when Oscar was hypnotized to be clean. They had Myriam over for dinner and she had some salad dressing on her lip after one of the bites.

"Dressing Myriam, Dressing!"

Klugman and Randall were the best duo ever, better than Carney and Gleason.

--Slinger

•  03-05-2006, 7:09 PM 696 in reply to 693

THE BEST! Love them! Favorite episode: When Felix is afraid to fly and Oscar takes him up in a plane. While Felix is in the bathroom, the other passenagers bail. They are skydiving. Of course not Oscar and Felix. Instructor referred to them as "Sissy boys"

That was cut out. I would LOVE TO FIND that episode (and more) on DVD.

--Lisa

•  03-05-2006, 7:09 PM 697 in reply to 687

I don't think "The Odd Couple" was the first to have a "grand finale". That honor would have to go to "The Fugitive", which ended it's run with Dr. Kimble finally catching the one-armed man, proving his innocence and ending the chase. But, "The Odd Couple" was, by far, one of the funniest sitcoms on TV at that time.

--Mitchell1660

•  03-05-2006, 7:09 PM 698 in reply to 694

One my all time Favorite Episodes was when the boys won the car It was a 1973 Dodge Coronet I believe most of the episode was filmed all on location in New York during spring or summer of 1973 one the best scenes is when Oscar tries to sell the car to some girl. The girl offers Oscar 900 dollars for it but Oscar refuses.

Some of the funniest lines are in the episode when Oscar says hello this is Goldielocks, can I speak to papa bear?
  •  03-05-2006, 7:09 PM 699 in reply to 697

Mitchell, I think Happi-Puppi was referring to sitcoms with good-bye showes. Anyways, I like the Paul Williams episode. Simply for the fact that network TV once again is not up on what kids are listening too. A "teen" liking Paul Williams? What about David Cassidy? He was on ABC then!

--A.U.!

View as RSS news feed in XML