Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Memories of The Odd Couple

Last post 03-05-2006, 7:10 PM by Motrmouth. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-05-2006, 7:07 PM 689

Memories of The Odd Couple

I was about 12 my favorite episodes were with Howard Cosell and Bobby Riggs. Also how many people know Leif Garrett played as Felix's son? I remember I felt so sorry for Oscar cause he never had any money.

--tony p.

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-05-2006, 7:07 PM 690 in reply to 689

Re: Memories of The Odd Couple

I just remember Friday nights being something special on ABC. This was monster line up!!! I was about 10 years old and loved these shows! All of my friends would compare notes on Saturday!! This is a great website!!!
    (NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-05-2006, 7:10 PM 700 in reply to 689

How about Oscars poker game the same day as Edna's birthday party. The clown Felix hires joins the poker game. No "flopsy mopsy" today. . . How can this series not be on DVD when EVERY bad show since 1956 has received the DVD treatment. Universal probably lost the original master tapes!

--JohnnyD

•  03-05-2006, 7:10 PM 701 in reply to 689

The Odd Couple was one of the all-time great sitcoms. Like MASH, the TV show was even better than the hit movie. Many of my favorite episodes have been described on this site (like Password).

Being a sportswriter, many real life sports stars appeared in the show. Among the more memorable were Deacon Jones filming a shaving cream commercial and Sonny Sixkiller (an All American college QB) as a college star hiding out from the media with the help of Oscar.

Felix Unger and the "Saddlesores" performing at a square dance was also pretty funny - I still remember the lines to the song - "Chicken in the spit, Beer in the keg, Grandpa's dancing with a woden leg . . . ".

I still watch the reruns every chance I get.

--Ben

View as RSS news feed in XML