Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Favorite episodes of One Day at at Time

Last post 05-02-2007, 4:48 PM by BILLONEEG. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-05-2006, 8:36 PM 709

Favorite episodes of One Day at at Time

How about the 3 or 4 part episode when Julie ran away to live with her boyfriend Chuck in his van? The best line came when Ann went to see Julie and Chuck, who were renting a dingy motel room somewhere and Julie said to Ann that she would come back home if she let her do whatever she wanted - "either I live my life, or I don't come back". After a dramatic pause, Ann tells her "all right Julie....DON'T COME BACK!" I always loved that because you figured that she would have agreed to anything to get her back, yet she was a tough cookie and left her in the motel (of course, Julie came back home on her own by the end of the episode, but it was still fun to watch!)
    (NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-05-2006, 8:36 PM 710 in reply to 709

Re: Favorite episodes of One Day at at Time

[My favorite episode is:] Ah, Schneider sells the girl a stereo set, guaranteed but with one stipulation: They couldn"t play the Sex Pistols on it.

--slaneco

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-05-2006, 8:37 PM 712 in reply to 709

One of my favorite episodes of One Day at a Time was duel shows. Typical teenage rebellious Julie met her dream man and was away on a trip with her fiance' and his good friend Max whom she couldnt stand. Julie and Max had several heated moments arguing and expressing dislike. At one moment Julie calls Max's name as the man she loves in error then corrects herself. Max approaches Julie telling her she is marrying the wrong man. At the conclusion of the second show, we see Julie at the altar taking her vows and guess who is the groom? Max.

--CJ

•  03-05-2006, 8:38 PM 715 in reply to 709

I had two favorite episodes. . . the one where Barbara discovered she would never be able to have a baby, and the one when she and Mark came back from their honeymoon and had to live in that rooming house with all those weirdos. . . Eloise, who always ran around in nothing but a towel; there was the intellectual kid, Hal, who said his grandmother never let him read a dictionary because it was full of dirty words, and that other guy, and for some reason I can't think of his name but he was played by Jerry Houser, aka Marcia Brady's husband. The best scene was at the end, when Barbara did her monologue and was screaming at everyone about how the refrigerator would be moved out into the hallway, etc. Best line delivered by Barbara, when she saw the picture of Samuel Adams. . . "WHO THE HELL IS THAT UGLY OLD MAN HANGING OVER MY BED????"
  •  11-05-2006, 7:23 PM 2726 in reply to 709

My favorite episode was the New Years Eve party where Barbara dressed up like Elton John. She did a really good job too. I think Elton would have been impressed. I was really into Elton back then and I also thought it was so cool to see a picture of Elton hanging on the wall in Barbara's bedroom. That's when I found out that Valerie was also a big Elton John fan.

Vickie

•  05-02-2007, 4:48 PM 2763 in reply to 709

I love every episode of this show & look forward to owning them all on DVD now that the releases have started (Amen!!!). The one episode that has always been dear to my heart is where Alex sets fire to Schneider's camper. The emotional punch hit me hard towards the end when Schneider goes from one year to six months to three months. I don't know the name of the episode but look forward to seeing it again. I also love the "Variety" type shows they did (Like when they performed at a retirement home). The one where Barbara (Valerie Bertinelli) dresses up like Elton John was great!
View as RSS news feed in XML