Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Memories of The Partridge Family

Last post 11-02-2011, 6:30 PM by Agent 86. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-05-2006, 8:43 PM 722

Memories of The Partridge Family

I have been a fan of David Cassidy since 1972, even joined his fan club. I would love to watch the partridge family show again, I would also like my 10 year old son to watch them as he already knows all the words to David's songs.

--Chris Hill

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-05-2006, 8:44 PM 724 in reply to 722

Re: Memories of The Partridge Family

The Partridge Family, along with The Brady Bunch, was one of the last great family sitcoms on the air in the early Super70s. It was based on the real-life singing family, the Cowsills. It had an attractive, energetic cast of characters, the best of the bunch being David Cassidy, Shirley Jones, Danny Bonaduce, and Susan Dey. They also sang terrific bubblegum songs on their show every week, which were popular enough with the public to make their mark on the pop charts. I always made sure that I never missed it when it was on.
    (NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-05-2006, 8:45 PM 725 in reply to 722

The Partridge Family is the best TV sitcom that ABC aired over 30 years ago.David Cassidy & Shirley Jones' roles as stepmother and stepson are remarkable. Susan Dey as Laurie Partridge gives off a GREAT performance. Danny Bonaduce's performance as Danny is good. Even Tracy(Suzanne Crough)is perfect. The changable Christophers:Jeremy Gelbwaks & Brian Forster are good drummers. Dave Madden round off the cast as Reuben Kincaid. The show only lasted four years,from 1970 to 1974.That's only ninety-six episodes! If TV Land is lucly,they might put 'The Partridge Family' in the line-up. COME ON,GET HAPPY!

--Lamont Holmes

•  03-05-2006, 8:47 PM 729 in reply to 722

I own the Patridge Family season one DVD and I have to say its a wonderful buy. I have carried a torch for David Cassidy for two years, and I think all of the Partridge Family songs are great. They're the best bubblegum songs I've ever heard. I wasn't as lucky as most of you to live in the Super70s, but I spend more time in the past that the present. I really hope they put the rest of the series on DVD and if you don't have it GO GET IT!

--Susan

•  11-02-2011, 6:30 PM 4701 in reply to 729

I still listen to Partridge Family songs today, on my computer. I used to watch the shows just for the songs back then.
View as RSS news feed in XML