Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Three's Company memories

Last post 07-08-2008, 10:25 AM by MissRada. 14 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-05-2006, 10:57 PM 832

Three's Company memories

Hi! I'm a 26 year-old male, and Three's Company is my all-time favorite show ever! I have seen EVERY episode at least once, and even the reruns are funny. My favorite characters were Mr. Roper and Mr. Furley, even though all the characters on the show made it soo funny. As for a favorite episode, that's hard to say since I love the show so much. If I had to choose, it would be when Jack had "Jack's Bistro", and Mr. Furley and Jack's cook, Felipe, got into a fight in the kitchen and started throwing things. My second favorite would be when Jack and Mr. Furley became locked in a freezer in the restaurant by a robber, and they had to keep each other's spirits up to stay alive! It was such a great show, and there will never be another like it (in my opinion)!

--TonyFromPA

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-05-2006, 11:02 PM 834 in reply to 832

Re: Three's Company memories

Everybody knows this great show, which has won more then 10 emmy nominations and won 5! This show is very fun and exciting and at times a bit scary. I mean the show was not on for that many years, well it was on for about 6 years, but that's about all. Jenilee Harrison played Cindy Snow, who was by favorite character. Here's the cast list: John Ritter, Joyce Dewitt, Suzanne Somers, Norman Fell, Audrey Lindley, Don Knotts, Jenilee Harrison, Ann Wedgeworth, Priscilla Barnes, Mike Bladsal, Hugh Gillian, and Julie Piekarski. Bladsal, Gillian, and Piekarski only occasionally starred.

--callmetootie

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-05-2006, 11:03 PM 835 in reply to 834

Three's Company is the best show ever!! I started watching Three's Company in 1998. John Ritter's work as Jack Tripper is hilarious and excellent. My favorite episode about Jack is "Jack The Ripper" where he starts barking at everyone. Joyce DeWitt is a great actress and always was the sensible one and she was (and still is) very pretty. My favorite episode is "Janet Wigs Out" when Janet buys a blonde wig! Suzanne Somers is great as Chrissy. My favoirte episode about Chrissy is "Chrissy's Hospitiality" where Chrissy bumps her head and has to go the hospital! Larry and Mr. Furley were always very cool! The Ropers were also great in the show! Terri was the quirky nurse and Cindy was the clumsly one, but I enjoyed them in the show as I did Jack, Janet, Chrissy, the Ropers, Larry and Furley!

--DJ Douchette

•  03-05-2006, 11:03 PM 836 in reply to 835

My favorite episode is where Jack drinks the rocket and then takes off I mean really takes off. He starts to dance and act real crazy.

--Jen

•  03-05-2006, 11:04 PM 838 in reply to 832

I loved watching "Three's Company" back in the Super70s, when it was viewed as being so racy! Now, of course, it's shown on Nick at Night, on a channel basically geared toward kids. It's very calm compared to most shows that are out now! It was always funny, with misunderstandings abounding in every episode! I remember an episode that I thought was particularly funny, but it's been so long since I've seen it, the only thing I really recall was that Jack was at some kind of party and he was in a hammock, doing flips, falling out, and a bunch of crazy physical stuff. He was so cute then, and I loved watching the great physical comedy he did. Reminded me of Dick Van ***. I also remember one cute episode where they were trying to hide a puppy in the apartment. "Three's Company" was (is) just a good, funny show that took you away for 30 minutes- no preaching politics or social values, no deep lessons to be taught. Just mindless fun.

--kel

•  03-05-2006, 11:05 PM 841 in reply to 832

TC is definately the BEST SHOW ever! I love the way they make it sexy and funny but at the same time innocent! Janet was my favorite character! and I really wished that Jack and Janet would of gotten together at the end!

--drummergrl

•  03-05-2006, 11:06 PM 842 in reply to 841

Three's Company is my most favorite sit-com! Every episode had SEVERAL, NOT one or two, moments where one will crack up, and I mean REALLY crack up! Remember in "AND NOW, HERE'S JACK" when Jack goofed up on a cooking show he was on? IT DOES NOT GET ANY FUNNIER THAN THAT! Remember when he had to be both himself and his imaginary twin.... in the SAME ROOM? I literary had a bad stomach ache from cracking up, because when Ritter acts, he does it so cleverly. All those FLASH, SUDDEN body movements that he makes is one reason that he was a very respected and very funny actor, one of the best of all time! I especially liked "JACK'S GRADUATION" when Jack failed his cooking exam and hysterically and sneakily got the Cooking School Dean and himself in the kitchen while the student that cheated and made him fail ended up on a blind date with Chrissy ON THE COUCH! It is also true that without Chrissy, this show never got as high ratings. When Chrissy talks in depth about something that makes no sense, it is, again, HYSTERICAL! (Especially when Jack or Janet gets irritated!)Putting CHRISSY SNOW with JOHN RITTER in a single TV show was why this show, to me, is the funniest I've ever watched!!!

º¿º

•  03-05-2006, 11:06 PM 844 in reply to 832

This is one of the best showes ever to hit television. It's funny and sexy in an innocent way. The characters care about each other. Jack is so funny/caring, Janet is smart/funny/caring, Chrissy is kinda dumb/silly, Terri is smart/sexy and Cindy is funny in her own way. The Ropers and RF are adorable! It's almost impossible to pick a favorite landlord!!! I think the show got better after Suzanne left. She was funny but was also starting to get annoying. Priscilla was a good add! John and Joyce were great together. There was a chemistry in them that made the show a great hit. Just wish they would of done TAC together.

--Three's Company Fan!

•  03-05-2006, 11:07 PM 846 in reply to 832

I am only seventeen years old, and the biggest Three's Company fan since forever! John Ritter, Joyce Dewitt, and Suzanne Somers, as well as Norman Fell and Audra Lindly had the best chemistry ever in a televsion show. John Ritter made the show so completly funny with his ability to make people laugh and to make his body move in the weirdest moves just for a laugh. Three's Company is a show that just makes you feel good, even on the worst days, because it was a simple television show that had awesome actors, and quirky plots, as well as great chemistry with all of the actors that were in the show, plus with John Ritter, you can't go wrong.
  •  03-05-2006, 11:07 PM 847 in reply to 846

Three's Company by far is the best sitcom out there. I was born in 1976 and remembered only bits and pieces of it. When I went to college, and would got home late, Three's company would just be starting and I would watch the whole hour before heading to bed. It always had a claming effect on me and not to mention the hilarious misunderstandings that went on. It is truly hard to say which episode was truly my best as they were all really good, but if I had to pick one, it would have to be The Older Woman, where Larry, out of the goodness of his heart, tries to hustle Mrs. Roper's seventy year old aunt. Just thinking of it cracks me up. I can sit down and explain all the episodes I like and watch to this day (I have purchased all the current seasons that have been released on DVD #'s 1 thru 4, #5 to be released in October).

When I clean, cook, or whatever, I have Three's Company on. My five year old son even laughs out loud at it, and my sixteen month old daughter does her "dancing" when the music comes on. Another reason I watch Three's Company is the fact that life then was so much laid back versus it being in fast forward all the time like it is today and to have that humor is just mind warming. I just wish the Roper's did not have to leave the show, they were downright funny. Man, I could go on and on and on but I would not have enough room.

--Amer

•  03-05-2006, 11:09 PM 848 in reply to 847

My favorite Three's Company show is the one when Jack played a twin and played a joke on Mr. Furly. Their is alot other favorites, but it is also my favorite show to watch. I have watched it for many, many years. I watch it every night before I go to bed. I'm happy about the three of them being the one's picked to make the show. They were at the right place at the right time.

--Sheri

•  03-05-2006, 11:12 PM 850 in reply to 848

It's such a major coicidence that just days ago I posted my favorite scene between Ritter and Knotts and now today (2/26/06) I find out that Don Knotts passed away Friday night at age 81. As he was as Barney Fife on "The Andy Griffith Show", his portrayal of Ralph Furley was quite simply a fall out of your chair laughing experience.

The loud clothes, the "fooling himself" Don Juan swagger, the meekness, the bug-eyed hyperventilating when unnerved by a situation and funny but sad lack of confidence in himself. What a tour-de-force!

4 of our Three's Company cast are gone now but never forgotten. Certainly not Don Knotts (as well as John Ritter). I hope they're both together now, making God & all laugh.

•  03-05-2006, 11:15 PM 851 in reply to 850

It is with great joy and saddness that I write this. I had the pleasure of becoming friends with John Ritter in 2001. He was all that I thought he would be, we just hit it off. Even went to New York to see him in the "Dinner Party" and spent time with him after the play. I remember John everyday and I miss his phone calls as well. He was such a loving and down to earth person and all that has been said about John is nothing but the truth. He will forever live in my heart and memories. Thank You John for being you and for being my friend.

•  03-18-2006, 11:18 PM 1996 in reply to 832

I love Three's Company.  It was the best show ever made and I always make sure I watch them.  Its too bad that Don Knotts passed away.  He was one of my favorite characters so was terri.  I thought she was cute and pretty.  She always made the story more interesting and besides they always had a miscommunication going on with someone and somewhere.  Three's Company overall was the GREATEST SHOW EVER!!!! Mr.  John Ritter will live in my heart forever.  In fact,  the entire crue will live there forever.  My wife also enjoys it.  She wasnt born when Three's Company started but now it on tv again and she even makes sure that its on and we watch it every day including the weekends.

superstar92

•  07-08-2008, 10:25 AM 2836 in reply to 832

• As the rest of you, my all-time favorite show is Three's Company without a doubt.  One of my very favorite episodes would have to be when Jack pretended he was married to get Mr. Angelino's daughter away from him.  He pretended to be married and Terri was supposed to play his wife.  She never showed and he then used a dummy to play his wife.. OMG this episode had me in tears because I was laughing so hard.  I literally watch Three's Company atleast 3 times a week to this day. I have every single DVD, and it's so weird, its kinda like therapy when Im feeling down, it always makes me feel better.  There will never be another show like it.. Although I loved all the characters, my favorite will always be JACK n JANET.... Smile
View as RSS news feed in XML