Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Memories of Welcome Back Kotter

Last post 09-14-2006, 11:46 PM by Mr-Jaws. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-05-2006, 11:40 PM 856

Memories of Welcome Back Kotter

Welcome Back Kotter is my all time favorite show...I watch it every day now on Metro TV (NYC). My favorite episodes include when Boom Boom tells Barbarino to get his head together and be a credit to his hair, when Barbarino is showing Horshack the Barbarino dance and telling him his hair should look like it is being blown by unseen winds, and when Barbarino does his song and dance at the telethon, the list goes on and on. I loved it as a kid also (I'm 35 and remember watching it in grammar school/jr. high.) They don't make sitcoms like that anymore (or like any of the other classic Super70s shows like Good Times, Sanford and Son, etc.). My friends and husband don't understand how I could love the show so much or how I watched a whole marathon weekend of it on TVLand. I hope other people can understand my addiction! My mom who is 75 loves the show, she's cool, she understands.

--DrJudys

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-05-2006, 11:40 PM 857 in reply to 856

Re: Memories of Welcome Back Kotter

The first time I fell in love with the boys was, unfortunately, not in 1975 (I was born in 1976), but at a gargae sale where someone was selling the board game in the early days. It had the pictures of the guys in front, Eptein, Washington, Horshack, and of course, Barbarino, who can make even an 8-year-old blush and giggle. Finally I saw their reruns on an independent channel. The previews, where the guys first introduced themselves to Kotter, and ever since.... Well, how else do you explain it? These guys are the coolest, next to Happy Days, in any high school, still so thhis day, period. Though I come from the real world, it doesn"t matter in the slightest. In my soul and spirit, Vinnie"s mine, I'm his, and I'm a Sweathog.

--BarbarinoGirl

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-05-2006, 11:49 PM 860 in reply to 857

I was born in the Awesome80s, but have had the great enjoyment of watching reruns of this and other SuperSitcoms from the Super70s on TV Land. My favorite eposide was when Gabe traded places with the headmaster it was so funny. Unhappily for me mom doesn't understand my need to watch this show! Though my way cool dad does! He says this is the only show I am allowed to watch with John T in it at all! People are amazed at my knowledge of this and other great shows! Up your nose with a rubber hose!

--TT

•  03-05-2006, 11:54 PM 861 in reply to 860

Welcome Back, Kotter is my all-time favorite because they have characters who will make you laugh 24/7. Gabe Kaplan was the brainchild of this show and give him kudos for making the show a successful one. Even though most of his jokes are about his aunts and uncles, some of them can be funny. There are so many hilarious episodes on this show that I'm having a hard time picking one. However, the one that stands out is the one in their second season when the Sweathogs got into a huge fight, but they made up at the end. What's also interesting about the show is it premiered on the night I was born -- September 9, 1975.

--ducky

•  03-05-2006, 11:55 PM 863 in reply to 861

I was born in '86, so I was too young to watch it. I'm 17 now and I remember when I was younger I saw reruns and fell in love with Epstein. Ever since then I always wanted to become a sweathog. I love all the episodes of Epstein as the main plot line, if thats how I should put it and I also like the one where Horshack helps a girl about a baby. Thats all I remember. But it was a good show and I hope that I can see the reruns again.

--lilsweathog

•  09-14-2006, 11:46 PM 2653 in reply to 863

I was dating a girl from Brooklyn when WBK was on and she had to watche it when it came on. We lived in New Mexico at the time. She liked it because it was like  "going home for 30 minutes".
    It didn't last but I still like the show.
View as RSS news feed in XML