Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Favorite episodes of Emergency!

Last post 03-07-2006, 1:11 PM by Slammin' Slamo. 8 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-07-2006, 1:06 PM 908

Favorite episodes of Emergency!

I loved Emergency and have several favorites, Virus, Snakebite, Understanding, Body Language. The real firemen in the regular cast was Mike Stoker and the first Captain, Hammer was his last name. Marco Lopez was an actor. Sometimes real firemen were used in firefighting scenes. Many people were influenced to enter the health care field and emergency response and fire departments due to the inspirational shows. They were family shows and had a wide following, which continues today. A large number of fan sites and fan fiction exist today. Sadly, TVland is no longer running the show, but it was widely popular during its run.
    (NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-07-2006, 1:06 PM 909 in reply to 908

Re: Favorite episodes of Emergency!

I have to say that one of the most outstanding episodes came early in the years -- PROMOTION. I think it was great because it showed the depth of the friendship Johnny and Roy had, when Roy was faced with leaving the Paramedic Program to become an Engineer. There are so many great buddy moments in that particular episode and the acting by Mantooth and Tighe was outstanding!

--Goob'r

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-07-2006, 1:06 PM 910 in reply to 909

My favorite episode had to do with some of the doctors' attitude towards paramedics. Earlier, Roy DeSoto had to make a life or death decision when a patient, who was crushed by his car engine, had suddenly stopped breathing. He couldn't contact Rampart to get their decision about the situation so he took it upon himself to assist the patient until they could get him to Rampart. The patient's personal doctor was greatly angered and intimidated DeSoto so much that he seriously considered leaving the program. The doctor stated that only the hospital, their equipment and qualified personel could've save the life of the patient who later died in surgery. Later, the doctor's friend, a fellow doctor himself, was at Rampart when he suddenly suffered a massive heart attack. When that doctor later died, it was nurse Dixie McCall who angrily berated the doctor for his criticism of DeSoto and other paramedics by citing all of the dangerous work that they have to perform and also pointed out that the other doctor was in a hospital with proper equipment and qualified personel to treat this man and yet he died. I think that Kevin Tighe deserved a recognition for his acting in that episode. Both Kevin Tighe as Roy DeSoto and Randolph Mantooth as Johnny Gage were terrific (and incredibly handsome)in the show and along with the plots mae me tune in every week.

--Kentucky/Las Vegas Woman

•  03-07-2006, 1:07 PM 912 in reply to 910

I always remember on "Emergency!" when John Gage and Roy DeSoto were saving a man off a crane in "Emergency!: Cook"s Tour" and watching "Adam-12" actor William Stevens as Officer Walters play an injured workman in "Botulism," Leslie Charleson playing a journalist in "Women."

--Tracey Camille Smith

•  03-07-2006, 1:07 PM 913 in reply to 912

I remember watching this later on life on TVLand. When it was new, I somehow didn't care much for it. Anyway, the scene that sticks out in my mind, is the case of the stupid guy who, for whatever reason, decided to 'cryogenically' freeze himself. He did this by laying in a tub of ice and water, I believe. Thanks to our heroes, he lived, though. I laughed myself silly at this stupid guy's foolish trick.
  •  03-07-2006, 1:07 PM 914 in reply to 913

My favorite episode is where the paremedics were competing to see who can be the first to get a date with a new nurse. Towards the end they all went with her to an orphanage and did some work that the place needed really bad. The men all ended up with minor injuries. In the end Marco Lopez was the one who ended up with a real date. I still watch this show today I never miss an episode, this is one of my favorite shows I never get tired of watching it.

--hooked on Emergency!

•  03-07-2006, 1:09 PM 918 in reply to 914

I was about 7 yrs old at the time, but Squad 51 ruled. The kid who got his hand jammed in gumball machine was a cult hero.

--Gaz NZ

•  03-07-2006, 1:10 PM 920 in reply to 918

I was too young to remember specific episodes, but apparently my big brother and I loved the show. We have Christmas pictures where we both received Emergency! fire helmets. We wore those things all the time.

--lj

•  03-07-2006, 1:11 PM 922 in reply to 920

I just started watching the show because it was on one day when I was home sick from school. It's so good! I loie the episode where Johnny can't sleep and everyone at the station tries to help by meking him a cradle over his bunk. I also love the one where Johnny gets bit by a rattler. Who would think a 14 year- old in 2003 could love all the old awesome shows?

--mj

View as RSS news feed in XML