Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Memories of Hawaii Five O

Last post 09-14-2006, 11:09 PM by Mr-Jaws. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-07-2006, 1:41 PM 973

Memories of Hawaii Five O

As I think back to Super70s TV, Hawaii Five O is on the top. Smart, direct, and gritty, it had the edge that was missing from so much of the crap that was always on. The violence was downplayed, but the cops were always smart, always dedicated, and full of integrity. Not to mention it gave most of America it's first glimpse of Hawaii. When I first visited the state in 1997, the first thing I did was rent a car and go see all the scenes I remembered as a kid watching the show. Nostalgia? The word was invented to describe the feeling I get whenever I hear Jack Lord saying "aloha".

--BillKim

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-07-2006, 1:41 PM 974 in reply to 973

Re: Memories of Hawaii Five O

One of my favorite cop shows. Jack Lord played Steve McGarret. A hard working by the book cop whose beat was Honolulu, Hawaii. The Opening scence showing the tidal wave, the Waikiki hotels and other landmarks are brethtaking to watch.

I remembered the guest stars who where vetran actors(Jackie Coogan, Herb Vigran, Simon Oakland, Leslie Nielson etc. ) and the new stars (Lorreta Swit, Major Hulihan from M. A. S. H. , etc. ) My favorite episode had celebrity impressionist Rich Little who killed criminals via 1930's Gangster films(e. g. Humphery Bogart, Edward G. Robinson, Jimmy Cagney).

There was one which guest starred Hebert Lom(Chief Inspector Charles Dreyfuss of the "Pink Panther" films) and an episode which featured three women(ala Thelma & Louise) who knock off tour buses with tourists.

Cars used where provided by Ford Motor Company (the bad guys drove Thunderbirds and Lincoln Continentals).

--Frank91165

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  09-14-2006, 11:09 PM 2648 in reply to 974

Re: Memories of Hawaii Five O

There is nothing I don't like about the show. The opening credits were great. I was in band and the favorite song to play was the theme from Hawaii 50.
View as RSS news feed in XML