Welcome to Super70s.com Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
70s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
80s: Culture | Movies | Music | News | Sports | Science/Tech | Timeline | TV
Home Blogs Forums

Memories of Bill Bixby and The Incredible Hulk

Last post 03-07-2006, 5:29 PM by Slammin' Slamo. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-07-2006, 5:28 PM 983

Memories of Bill Bixby and The Incredible Hulk

The Incredible Hulk is one of two TV shows that mean the most to me (the other is Unsolved Mysteries). I began watching the show in the summer of 1979, when I was only seven years old. I don't know why I started watching it, except to say that it just happened on impulse. Regardless, I am happy to be a fan of the show. It had great production values, especially in terms of writing, creativity, and general quality of stories. I've personally been involved in situations where people had some general misconceptions about me. So in many mays, I can relate to the Hulk, who is depicted as misunderstood. My favorite episodes include (but are not limited to): "Married," "A Child In Need," "Mystery Man," "The Snare," "The Psychic," "Equinox," "Prometheus," "The First," "The Harder They Fall," and "Interview With The Hulk." The live-action Hulk series was so successful that, in 1988 (six years after its primetime run ended), it was revived in a trilogy of post-series made-for-TV movies. The last one, "The Death of the Incredible Hulk," aired in 1990. After that film ended, I almost cried because of the Hulk's (and David Banner's) death. Nonetheless, there were plans to revive him in a follow-up, but unfortunately, Bill Bixby's untimely death prevented it from being filmed.

--Kane

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-07-2006, 5:28 PM 984 in reply to 983

Re: Memories of Bill Bixby and The Incredible Hulk

Perhaps the most underrated show of all time, The Incredible Hulk was lucky to have a great writing staff and possibly the finest actor in television, Bill Bixby behind it . Two-part episodes like "Prometheus" and "The First" were unforgettable, especially the sight of the Hulk battling it out with another Hulk. This is the stuff my childhood was made of, and wherever you are, Bill Bixby and Nicholas Corea, thank you so much.

--btrrulz

(NOTE: This automated user posts old messages from before we had these forums (March 2006). (More information.)
  •  03-07-2006, 5:29 PM 986 in reply to 984

The most outstanding TV series ever! Hands down second to none! Bill Bixby was like the father I never met! He always made me want to jump through that TV and give him a hug! The most true to life stories of any TV show ever! And that includes the Bradys! The fight between Dick Durock (Frye’s creature) and Big Lou was kick a$$! I wish 3 gunshots wouldn’t have killed the evil Hulk! They should have made another fight in season 5 with him coming back to life somehow! Anyone that denies this show as nothing but spectacular needs a slap! The Hulk will always rule in my book! Bill we miss you! See ya soon bro.

--r pistone

•  03-07-2006, 5:29 PM 987 in reply to 986

I really enjoyed watching "The Incredible Hulk" I could relate to the Dr. Banner character in that, he could get along with almost anyone and people were drawn to him because of his calming nature and he was someone you could trust. Yet because of his predictament he had to keep on the move not able to stay anywhere for any length of time. It's a shame that Mr. Bixby is gone, but his work lives on. You can tell from his eyes that he was the real deal. A beautiful soul and that came through in his acting and in the interviews he gave.
View as RSS news feed in XML